Looking for a venue to get married with views over Wellington?
Need a place for a three-course dinner for you and 100 close and personal friends on a Saturday night?
Not a problem!
We can cater to all your food and beverage needs.
Let us Taylor a menu specific to your function, from canapés and finger food to banqueting or buffet.
Coupled with a thoughtful selection of New Zealand wines and craft beers.
$900.00 capacity 120 seated
Other costs to consider
- ½ price meals for under 12s
- Corkage $12.00 per guest 18+
- Kitchen, wait and bar staff (price on application)
- Furniture hire $7.50 per guest (estimate)
- Crockery, cutlery, linen at $8.50 per guest (estimate)
Buffet options – Served with bread rolls and butter
- Option A $32.00- Choose 2 mains and 2 sides
- Option B $37.00- Choose 2 mains and 2 sides with the options of 3 canapés per person or chef's choice petit fours
- Option C $44.00- Choose 3 mains and 3 sides with options of 3 canapés per person and dessert buffet, 2 choices
- Option D $59.00- Choose 3 canapés per person, 3 mains and 3 sides and dessert buffet, 2 choices
Family style options – Served with bread rolls and butter
- Option A $35.00- Choose 2 mains and 2 sides
- Option B $45.00- Choose 3 mains and 3 sides with the options of 3 canapés per person or chef's choice petit fours
- Option C $50.00- Choose 3 mains and 3 sides with options of 3 canapés per person and dessert buffet, 2 choices
- Option D $65.00- Choose 3 canapés per person, 3 mains and 3 sides and dessert buffet, 2 choices
Plated Formal Dinner options
Set menu 2 main choices, alternate drop
- Option A $40.00- Mains only
- Option B $55.00- Mains and option of dessert, entrée or 3 canapes
- Option C $70.00- Mains, dessert and option of 3 canapes or entrée
- Late night snacks 3-4 items $12.00-$15.00
- Cake accompaniments, cream, yogurt, berry compote $5.50
Frequently Asked Questions
How do we Work
The best way to explain this is that we do as much or as little as your budget allows for, we work with suppliers yours or ours and always keep good friends, if you have family helping in any way we are more than happy about that.
Our process for menu selection is for us to find out what styles of food you like, is there a restaurant or particular dish you enjoy, do you want to try to incorporate any special dietary requirements into the menu. We then customise a menu for you.
If there are leftover we will put them into takeaway containers and refrigerated for collection the following day
How does the bar work? If you choose our corkage option we prefer the drinks delivered the day before so we can chill down what needs to be kept cool and stock the bar the night before. If there are any left overs we can have these ready for collection the following day.
Other bar Options
We are fully licensed so if corkage doesn't suit you can run everything up on to a bar tab if you prefer.
Access to the Venue
In most cases we can let you in the night before from approximately 8pm. Both of our venues operate Monday to Friday; our goal is to set up the room for your wedding the night before. So straight after service we will clean and set up your tables, chairs and help you with your decorations if needed. The day of the event you can have access to the venue from 10 am for any finishing.
Curfew is midnight and we will also be available the following morning to collect decorations, food and drink leftovers and good byes because by then we will be friends.
Car Parking Onsite
Parking on campus is available for up to 80 cars from 5pm Friday to 7am Monday morning, basically all weekend.
There is a large carpark directly below the venues and we can send through a map with instructions.
Audio Visual Package (included in hire of the hunter lounge)
We have an easy to use PA system for plugging in your device of choice, DJ set up or karaoke. We also have one wireless microphone for speeches, a projector and screen all of which is included in the venue hire. We can set up and operate the gear and it helps if you have someone nominate for any special music cues we can show them how to press play at the right times, if you have any special requirements outside of these items we can steer you towards someone who can help or work with your chosen supplier.
The University of Victoria is proud to be an all accessible campus; both the buildings and venues have wheelchair access and/or lift access.
BYO food – Weddings only
We are a catering company first and foremost however we can't say that we are masters of all global traditional dishes and if you have a family member or a supplier that you want to use talk to us and we will make it work that they provide some menu items. We can take delivery of catering heat though present as a buffet for guests with fresh garnish and condiments; we will also take care of all serving dishes, side dishes, rice, crockery and cutlery for food items bought in.
Waste Minimisation & food Hierarchy
We manage food waste following a four step process; managed ordering and carefully handling, diverting leftovers to food rescue services and secondly to animals as feed, all biodegradable leftovers from plates are composted through the Wellington City Council Kai to Compost service and can be purchased back as compost from Living Earth. Hard plastics, cardboard, glass and tin are all separated and recycled by our waste provider.
Like what you see?
Book in a time to come and the venues, we would love to sit down over a coffee or a drink and talk over your plans and ideas. Because we are a catering company and the venue we become your wedding planner too, if you are feeling like you need someone to help we know some super talented planners who can help take some of the challenges away and they have packages that suit any budget.
Blond timber trestles 8-10 seater for hire $50 each.